Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy December Weekend

This past weekend was a busy one! Baba & Papa came to visit, we went to Ava's birthday party, Warren finished hanging Christmas lights, we did some Christmas shopping, Conor hung out with his cousin Maxwell, Conor decorated his Aunt Natalie's Christmas tree, and Warren and I (and Aunt Barbara) successfully ran the White Rock Half Marathon...PHEW! I cannot even believe we managed to squeeze it all in! It was a great weekend!
**Several more posts with lots of pictures of these little events coming soon!

Conor is growing so fast! I find myself amazed at all of the new and different things that he can say and do. He's becoming a little boy right before our eyes. It seems like November and December have flown by. We fill our days with so much that we sometimes forget to enjoy the little moments. As I was running on Sunday I was reading different runners t-shirts to pass the time. Some had inspirational quotes while others had funny sayings. One man's shirt read "Who talked me into this?" I kind of felt his pain. But the one that stuck out was a t-shirt that read "Don't count the days, make the days count." (Muhammad Ali) This one hit very close to home for me. I spend so much time waiting for the weekend or waiting for Christmas break, when really there are amazing little moments happening all around me each day. Sunday I vowed that from now on I would make the days count.


No comments: